Avail Medsystems is building HIPAA compliant, secure video conferencing solutions to reinvent how procedures are clinically supported. Remote support delivery enables hospitals to lower procedural costs while improving the quality of care.
We are data driven and milestone oriented. We are looking for self-starters, and good team players. Join us in our journey in improving healthcare.
You will work closely with our Backend / API team to develop the Avail web portal and in-browser video calling tool. The portal will be primarily a frontend-only application, with all backend interaction happening via AJAX over a REST API.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Design responsive applications that look great across browsers and platforms, including mobile devices
- Utilize backwards compatibility technologies, such as polyfills and Babel
- Fully own a product vertical and manage a team of 1-3 more junior engineers
- Anticipate and remove obstacles that slow down or prevent project teams from delivering on project goals
- Provide periodic program reviews and updates (deep dive into current state of project goals, risks, escalations)
- Create a collaborative environment that fosters creativity, innovation, and learning
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or similar
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Expert-level knowledge of at least one JS framework such as Angular, React, Meteor, etc
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Experience building back-end web code with at least one major framework, like Django or Rails
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Comfortable with Git-based workflows
- Familiarity with REST APIs and the usage thereof via AJAX / single-page applications