Avail Medsystems is building HIPAA compliant, secure video conferencing solutions to reinvent how procedures are clinically supported. Remote support delivery enables hospitals to lower procedural costs while improving the quality of care.
We are data driven and milestone oriented. We are looking for self-starters, and good team players. Join us in our journey in improving healthcare.
We are looking for an experienced backend developer responsible for developing and maintaining our API and other core infrastructure components. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end and mobile clients. You may also be assisting your coworkers in building out our web portal; therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is preferable.
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Experience and capability with relational and NoSQL databases (Postgres & DynamoDB preferred)
- Knowledge of caching tools and their usage (e.g. ElastiCache, Redis)
- Deploy and oversee infrastructure onto various AWS services including Lambda
- Oversee the work of 1-3 junior engineers as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or similar
- Expert in Python and/or Java, with knowledge of at least one web framework. Flask/CherryPy/Tornado or similar experience is a plus
- Familiarity with some ORM (Object Relational Mapper) library, for instance SQLAlchemy/PonyORM
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding of the threading limitations and multi-process architecture of Python and/or Java
- Understanding of security compliance and best practices with regards to REST APIs and web applications
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Familiarity with event-driven programming
- Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Proficient understanding of Git, Jenkins, Docker