Avail Medsystems is building HIPAA compliant, secure video conferencing solutions to reinvent how procedures are clinically supported. Remote support delivery enables hospitals to lower procedural costs while improving the quality of care.
We are data driven and milestone oriented. We are looking for self-starters, and good team players. Join us in our journey in improving healthcare.
We are looking for an experienced engineer responsible for the development and maintenance of our iOS and macOS. Your primary focus will be development of Cocoa and Cocoa Touch applications, and their integration with back-end services.
- Design and build Cocoa and Cocoa Touch applications on the macOS and iOS platforms
- Collaborate with the UX team to implement designs and beautify our apps
- Maintain a modular architecture centered around a shared framework
- Implement new features while ensuring the apps’ performance and stability
- Keep abreast of new platform features (e.g. WWDC), adopting them where appropriate
- Work closely with other client teams to ensure feature parity
- Oversee the work of 1-3 more junior engineers as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or similar
- Expert-level familiarity with Cocoa and/or Cocoa Touch
- Expert-level familiarity with either Objective-C or Swift, and basic proficiency in the other – our projects are mixed-target and you will need to write code in both languages
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to backend services
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Experience with performance and memory tuning with tools (e.g. Instruments)
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Solid understanding of concurrency principles and GCD