Avail Medsystems is a pioneering medical technology company that is reinventing how medical procedures are supported by industry and clinicians. We are committed to delivering HIPAA compliant real-time video conferencing solutions that improve the quality, and lower the cost, of procedural care delivery.
We are looking for a passionate Media & Streaming QA Automation Engineer to help us realize the mission of improving medical outcomes all while reducing cost for hospitals; these are critical problems to solve as we move forward in the transformation of health care.
We are data driven and milestone oriented. We are looking for self-starters, and good team players. Join us in our journey in improving healthcare.
- Design test cases and execute test plans related to Avail’s overall system design. This includes a strong understanding of hardware and software technologies
- Implement functional testcases for testing various Avail software components like Media Platform, REST APIs, Mobile apps, and Microservices. Describe and clearly document test plan/procedure and test results
- Bring test automation frameworks from ground up into a continuous integration and execution model
- Test and verify external imaging, cameras, eGPU, Frame Grabbers, Mic array of Avail Console.
- Test all aspect of media like video quality, audio quality, jitter average, varying network conditions, NAT
- Perform set of non-functionable tests – performance/load, smoke, scalability, reliability, for services running in the cloud – spanning multiple data-centers and multiple geographic regions
- Define and track quality assurance metrics such as defect densities and open defect counts across various software releases
- Collaborate with product owners, software architects, software developers and DevOps on best practices, process changes and standards as part of continuous process improvement
- Coordinate with the scrum team and development counterparts in overseeing bug tracking, test prioritization, test automation and release
- Perform final product acceptance testing, ensure compliance to regulatory mandates
- Ability to adopt and learn different programming languages and platforms as necessary.
- Experience with VoIP or media streaming technologies such as Audio/Video encoding/decoding/trans-coding, Video/Audio compression, RTP, SRTP, RTSP, RTCP, SIP, SDP, ICE, STUN/TURN, NAT, TLS, WSS etc.
- Experience with twilio, twilio video, programmable video and voice, network quality, jitter monitoring and voice insight.
- Experience with browser streaming protocols such as WebRTC, WebSockets, SSE is requried
- Experience with WebRTC implementations such as Twilio , Kurento, Gstreamer is required.
- Experience in testing audio/video streaming servers , smart clients/players and smart devices is required.
- Working knowledge of media codecs, formats, transports and containers , such as MPEG-2, H.264/AVC, HEVC, AAC, AC3, MP4, TS, PCMU, PCMA, Opus, etc is preferred.
- Experience with ABR streaming protocols like Apple HLS, MPEG-DASH , Low latency CMAF, Low latency HLS is a plus.
- Good to have experience with PSNR, MSE, VMAF, SSIM, VQM, NIQE, MSU Blurring/Blocking, MSAD, MOS.
- Good to have experience with PSQM, ERL, ERLE, VQmon , POLQA , Jitter Average , Packet lost ratio, Round trip delay, THD , Audio Tuning etc.
- Highly motivated and passionate about SW QA testing with 10+ years of work experience in Information Technology field, focusing on Quality Assurance processes methodologies.
- Exposure to hardware testing and embedded systems are highly desirable
- Experience in using test frameworks in a CI/CD environment - Jenkins, GitLab
- Experience in at least one of the API/Unit test automation frameworks - JUnit, TestNG, HTTPUnit, HTMLUnit, Mocking frameworks - easyMock or Mockito.
- Experience with major software test automation tools such as Selenium webdriver, and Appium for testing iOS/iPad applications
- Building tests for web-based applications and experience using open source frameworks like Protractor, Mocha & Chai, NodeJS for rich UI applications is a plus
- Extensive experience in using various bug tracking, source control and build release tools, like JIRA, GIT, Jenkins, npm, etc.
- Strong understanding of web-development technologies, writing SQL queries, HTML, CSS, JS, HTTP protocol, pubnub, debugging tools like Postman and code profiling tools like jProfiler
- Exposure to testing video conferencing or streaming solutions is highly desirable
- Prior experience with Scrum, Agile Methodology
- Exposure to healthcare/clinical applications, understanding of HIPAA mandates is an added plus
- Strong teamwork and excellent problem solving and communication skills