Director of Engineering, Hardware Platforms
Avail Medsystems is a pioneering medical technology company that is reinventing how medical procedures are supported by industry and clinicians. We are committed to delivering HIPAA compliant real-time video conferencing solutions that improve the quality, and lower the cost, of procedural care delivery.
We are looking for a passionate Director of Hardware Engineering to help us realize the mission of improving medical outcomes all while reducing cost for hospitals; these are critical problems to solve as we move forward in the transformation of health care.
We are data driven and milestone oriented. We are looking for self-starters, and good team players. Join us in our journey in improving healthcare.
- Lead development and delivery of hardware platforms in a hybrid development model – in-house engineering and outsourced partner model.
- Own the Hardware roadmap, CM relationship, HW Vendor relationships, and Quality Management System.
- Build and lead the team that conceives, designs, tests and oversees manufacturing introduction of key components and assemblies.
- Lead the development and fabrication of functional prototypes and test methods to vet out new concepts.
- Help create formal documentation for designs of components and assemblies.
- Collaborate closely with suppliers to bring parts and assemblies into production.
- 10+ years of experience managing more than 20 employees in inter-disciplinary teams including electrical and mechanical engineers, and technicians.
- 10+ years of experience designing engineering.
- Bachelor’s in Mechanical or Electrical engineering, Master’s is a plus.
- Experience with New Product Development is highly preferred
- Strong background in mechanical design and development of mechanical/electrical specs
- Demonstrated proficiency in multiple product development models and ability to influence and communicate inside and outside of the organization.
- Working knowledge of PC/Mac/Linux hardware, software, firmware, system architecture, mechanical design, power and battery architectures, input devices, etc.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, time and risk management skills, resource and project prioritizations skills.
- Technical knowledge and industry experience spanning one or more engineering, technology, and product domains.
- Experience working productively and collaboratively in cross-functional teams (CM, program management, testing, quality, etc.)
- Nice to have compliance background (IEC60601) relating to the medical device industry
- Ability to specify tests, run tests and analyze/post-process results required to prove out the validity of a design
- Familiarity with modular construction standards and regulatory environment is a plus