Avail Medsystems is a pioneering medical technology company that is reinventing how medical procedures are supported by industry and clinicians. We are committed to delivering HIPAA compliant real-time video conferencing solutions that improve the quality, and lower the cost, of procedural care delivery.
We are looking for a passionate Mechanical Engineer to help us realize the mission of improving medical outcomes all while reducing cost for hospitals; these are critical problems to solve as we move forward in the transformation of health care.
We are data driven and milestone oriented. We are looking for self-starters, and good team players. Join us in our journey in improving healthcare.
- Mechanical design /sheet metal exp/CNC exp/Pressure forming/welding
- Understanding of stress strain
- Software CREO/PTC
- Tolerance Analysis
- Contract Manufacturing EVT/DVT/PVT
- Assembly line, fixture design and moving mechanical/electrical parts
- Conceive, design, test and oversee manufacturing introduction of key components and assemblies
- Create formal documentation for designs of components and assemblies
- Develop and fabricate functional prototypes and test methods to vet out new concepts
- Collaborate closely with suppliers to bring parts and assemblies into production
- Complete design cycles from concepts to fully validated production designs
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience designing parts and assemblies for electromechanical products.
- Must have at least a bachelor’s in mechanical engineering
- Strives to find efficient, elegant design solutions and passionate about creating high-impact products
- Understanding of basic electrical engineering principles
- Demonstrated success taking parts from concept through production release with a focus on DFM
- Experience working productively and collaboratively in cross-functional teams (supply chain, program management, testing, quality, etc.)
- Detail oriented personality with solid documentation and reporting skills
- Proficient in CAD modeling and CREO
- Able to perform analysis (CAE, Matlab, hand calculations) to guide and justify design decisions
- Experience with data acquisition systems for thermal, electrical, and mechanical design
- Compliance background (IEC60601) relating to the medical device industry
- Competent designing parts for various manufacturing processes such as plastic injection molding, metal stamping, thermoforming, welding/brazing, plating and bonding
- Excited about building prototypes and running testing in our engineering lab
- Ability to specify tests, run tests and analyze/post-process results required to prove out the validity of a design