Avail Medsystems is a pioneering medical technology company that is reinventing how medical procedures are supported by industry and clinicians. Our first-generation Avail Systems are currently being used to support procedures in the United States. Physicians are able to instantly connect with on-demand support with added capabilities such as the ability to annotate over live or paused video. We are looking for self-starters, who are good team players, to join us as we transform when, where and how procedure support is delivered.
The Product Marketing Manager will play a vital role in product planning, development, and product marketing. This includes managing the product throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, working closely with engineering to deliver products, and partnering with commercial marketing to launch products into the market. It will also be critical for this individual to work closely with commercial marketing and sales and to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
Essential Job Functions:
- Capture and document voice of the customer insights about current and future product functionality.
- Partner with commercial marketing to develop business cases for new product opportunities.
- Lead efforts in defining new pipeline products and getting these products prioritized and built into our roadmap.
- Work with members of the engineering team to design, develop, prototype, test and debug novel products during the development process.
- Partner with product design and engineering to create on brand UX designs for all pipeline projects.
- Perform product demos targeted to customers, events, and tradeshows in order to get customer insights on pipeline products.
- Works closely with cross-functional teams to resolve project issues in order to optimize results while minimizing project costs.
- Partner closely with both the commercial marketing and sales teammates to ensure a successful launch (e.g. product training, core positioning and messaging content, collateral development, training, etc.).
- Support user research through interviews, case observations, focus groups, and user testing. Synthesize information, and feed learnings into pipeline activities and socialize with cross-functional partners.
- Create actionable MRDs that clearly frame up requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree required, but an MBA is strongly preferred
- Previous work experience in a similar role in MedTech is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 4+ years as a Product Manager or Product Marketing Manager in the medical device space
- Demonstrated leadership in leading and working on cross-functional teams
- Must be energetic, self-motivated, detail-oriented, creative, strategic and highly accountable
- Must have excellent communication – written and oral, and strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, prioritize assignments and multi-task
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Proven experience in creating a strategic work plan and executing programs to achieve specific goals
- Experienced in working cross-functionally with people with diverse backgrounds
- Must have excellent computer skills with an emphasis on creating effective presentations; able to work in Microsoft Office
- Experience with HIPAA, and knowledge of PHI best practices
- Detailed understanding of procedure room environment is required
- Experience quantifying clinical and health economic proof points
- Ability to travel ~15-20% of the time