Avail Medsystems is a pioneering medical technology company that is reinventing how medical procedures are supported by industry and clinicians. We are committed to delivering HIPAA compliant real-time video conferencing solutions that improve the quality, and lower the cost, of procedural care delivery.
We are looking for a passionate Technical Support Engineer to help us realize the mission of improving medical outcomes all while reducing cost for hospitals; these are critical problems to solve as we move forward in the transformation of health care.
We are data driven and milestone oriented. We are looking for self-starters, and good team players. Join us in our journey in improving healthcare.
The Work You'll do to Help Build Our Innovative Product:
- Resolution of Service Request Tickets to satisfactorily close out technical support concerns via phone, email or on-site; including detailed documentation of all customer issues.
- On-site and remote consultancy and assistance for recommendations regarding software upgrade planning, technology and product migrations or assisting with multi-product solution upgrades.
- Maintain backup configurations of all Avail Medsystems products in the customer network. Utilize virtualized lab for troubleshooting and software-verification testing.
- This role requires onsite visits for on-boarding new clients for several tasks including:
- Understanding the customer’s deployment and environment and documenting this information.
- Explaining for customers how to obtain needed logs for each product.
- Setting up and testing remote access between Avail Products and the customer.
- Work in conjunction with our Field Sales Team to meet or exceed our customer service goals.
- Develop subject matter expert level skills on the full range of Avail Medsystems features.
- Gather problem descriptions, log files, and configuration data related to a specific issue facing the customer; analyze this data to seek root cause of these issues and engage escalation support as needed to drive resolution.
- Ability to work independently and successfully while addressing multiple customer issues simultaneously.
- Maintain expert level technical knowledge on Avail Medsystems solution and the environments in which is it deployed. This requires the ability to learn via formal training, self-driven initiatives and on the job experience.
- 10 to 15 percent of your time requires travel to either customer sites.
The Qualifications and Experience You Will Bring to our Team:
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or computer science field or equivalent experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills with logical approach to problem determination. Must have the ability to effectively communicate recommended resolutions.
- Ability to be self-motivated, pro-active and work in a small team.
- 5+ years of experience working in a networking-focused technology field, preferably related to customer support.
- Strong understanding of the fundamental operations of a modern IP based network supporting Video Conferencing (TCP/IP, UDP, routing, switching, and firewalls)
- Experience with iOS and macOS
- Familiarity with MPEG-DASH, HLS, Smooth Streaming, etc.
- Familiarity with H.264 Codec, HEVC, AAC, etc.