Avail Medsystems is a pioneering medical technology company that is reinventing how medical procedures are supported by industry and clinicians. We are committed to delivering HIPAA compliant real-time video conferencing solutions that improve the quality, and lower the cost, of procedural care delivery.
We are looking for a passionate Field IT Technician to help us realize the mission of improving medical outcomes all while reducing cost for hospitals; these are critical problems to solve as we move forward in the transformation of health care.
We are data driven and milestone oriented. We are looking for self-starters, and good team players. Join us in our journey in improving healthcare.
The Work You'll do to Help Build Our Innovative Product:
- Support hospital system clients located across USA
- Coordinate with our logistics team to ensure on-time delivery and setup of hardware
- Own the deployment and initial setup process for new installations
- Triage field units with minor repairs including component replacement, running cables, etc
- Manage updates & ensure smooth functioning of live deployed machines
- Act as a liaison to hospital IT departments to ensure connectivity of our field units
- Ensure high quality video call capability and perform on-site debugging when issues are found
- Train physicians and hospital staff on device usage and common troubleshooting scenarios
- Work with hospitals to configure firewalls / routers and diagnose networking issues
The Qualifications and Experience You Will Bring to our Team:
- 5+ years of Information Technology and support experience required. BS in computer engineering or equivalent is nice to have
- Expert-level familiarity with macOS
- Desire to assist non-technical coworkers with troubleshooting & on-boarding
- Ability to troubleshoot devices deployed in remote locations
- Comfortable conducting on-site physical repairs and software debugging
- Travel flexibility for on-site on-boarding of new hospital clients
- Experience working in or with hospital/medical group/HMO environments is a plus