Avail Medsystems is a pioneering medical technology company that is reinventing how medical procedures are supported by industry and clinicians. We are committed to delivering HIPAA compliant real-time video conferencing solutions that improve the quality, and lower the cost, of procedural care delivery.
We are looking for a passionate, Principal level, Audio Visual Engineer to help us realize the mission of improving medical outcomes all while reducing cost for hospitals; these are critical problems to solve as we move forward in the transformation of health care.
We are data driven and milestone oriented. We are looking for self-starters, and good team players. Join us in our journey in improving healthcare.
The Work You'll do to Help Build Our Innovative Product:
- As the Principal Audio and Video Engineer, lead the audio and video development and integration efforts for the Avail platform.
- Lead the efforts in integrating the Audio Beamformer hardware and software.
- Lead the efforts in developing a video compositor with multiple inputs and output layout formats.
- Work with the engineering leadership to define the audio and video roadmap for next generation products and software platforms.
The Qualifications and Experience You Will Bring to our Team:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering required, master’s preferred.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in video and audio encoding processes and tools.
- Knowledge of AV codecs such as HEVC, H.264, MPEG-4, MPEG-2, G722, MP4 and AAC is required.
- Experience with AV frameworks such as FFMpeg and GStreamer, Darwin Streaming Server and CUDA.
- Knowledge of adaptive streaming technologies such as MPEG-DASH and HLS is a plus.
- Experience with Computer vision and Augmented reality is helpful.
- Knowledge of video composition with multiple video inputs is beneficial.
- Demonstrated experience developing code for multi-threaded applications is required.
- Knowledge of scripting languages and Linux and Mac platform tools.