Avail Medsystems is a pioneering medical technology company that is reinventing how medical procedures are supported by industry and clinicians. We are committed to delivering HIPAA compliant real-time video conferencing solutions that improve the quality, and lower the cost, of procedural care delivery.
We are looking for a passionate Director of Strategic Sales to help us realize the mission of improving medical outcomes all while reducing cost for hospitals; these are critical problems to solve as we move forward in the transformation of health care.
In our company, we value people who can assist across multiple disciplines and in this role you will help in building out our web portal. Having a basic understanding of front-end technologies is ideal.
- The Director of Strategic Accounts will be responsible for all the activities required to effectively commercialize and drive contract execution, placement and utilization of the Avail System in assigned IDNs, Outpatient Surgery Centers, and physician office-based labs. This position will be responsible for developing and executing a strategy that maximizes the speed and acceptance of the product in the US market.
The Work You'll do to Help Build Our Innovative Product:
- Utilize, develop and maintaining relationships with GPO, IDN, OP Surgery, and OBL leadership and key decision makers. Develop strategic plans for assigned customers, defining key commercial objectives and programs / resources needed to achieve placement and utilization. Include analyses of key stakeholders, competitors, business trends, customer needs, barriers to entry and market opportunities.
- Identify key stakeholders and decision makers within assigned accounts and effectively introduce the solution, features, benefits, and business model for adapting the Avail technology to the current US medical device distribution and physician training models.
- Initiate contract presentations and successfully negotiate key terms and conditions for placement across large organizations. Remove barriers that help to expedite contract execution especially with respect to customer IT requirements, Business Associate Agreements (BAA), hospital equipment integration, and internet connectivity.
- Coordinate placement between the Avail team and customers that ensures high acceptance and minimal disruption to the customer.
- Educate clinicians and healthcare leadership on the utility of the Avail solution and how it can enhance the productivity of healthcare providers while maximizing the benefits to patient care.
- Drive adoption and utilization by medical device companies, clinicians, trainers and peers by successfully communicating the time saving and economic benefits of technology enhanced remote procedural support.
The Qualifications and Experience You Will Bring to our Team:
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA is strongly preferred.
- Previous work experience in a similar role in MedTech is strongly preferred with an emphasis on contracting for capital equipment, IT solutions/services, or orthopedic devices.
- Demonstrated leadership in leading and working on cross-functional teams.
- Must be energetic, self-motivated, detail-oriented, creative, strategic and highly accountable.
- Must have excellent communication – written and oral, and strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, prioritize assignments and multi-task.
- Proven experience in creating a strategic work plan and executing programs to achieve specific goals.
- Experienced in working cross-functionally with people with diverse backgrounds.
- Must have excellent computer skills and a good working knowledge of current Information Technology concepts.
- Must be comfortable and skilled at presenting to IDN, C-Suite and physician leaders.
- Ability to complete and accelerate long sell cycle contracts from inception to meeting customer IT requirements, training, implementation and placement.
- Ability to sell the use of technology to enhance economic benefits in the healthcare clinical and supply chain environment.
- Candidates MUST be able to recognize the challenges and shortcomings of the current medical device distribution model and have a desire to promote a mutually beneficial solution that ultimately lowers the cost of delivering healthcare.
- Ability to travel ~25% of the time.