Avail Medsystems is a pioneering medical technology company that is reinventing how medical procedures are supported by industry and clinicians. We are committed to delivering HIPAA compliant real-time video conferencing solutions that improve the quality, and lower the cost, of procedural care delivery.
We are looking for a passionate SW Engineer to help us realize the mission of improving medical outcomes all while reducing cost for hospitals; these are critical problems to solve as we move forward in the transformation of health care.
Our mobile stack: Apple: Objective-C & Swift
In our company, we value people who can assist across multiple disciplines and in this role. We are looking for an experienced engineer responsible for the development and maintenance of our iOS and macOS. Your primary focus will be development of Cocoa and Cocoa Touch applications, and their integration with back-end services.
The Work You'll do to Help Build Our Innovative Product:
- Design and build Cocoa and Cocoa Touch applications on the macOS and iOS platforms
- Collaborate with the UX team to implement designs and beautify our apps
- Maintain a modular architecture centered around a shared framework
- Implement new features while ensuring the apps’ performance and stability
- Keep abreast of new platform features (e.g. WWDC), adopting them where appropriate
- Work closely with other client teams to ensure feature parity
- Oversee the work of 1-3 more junior engineers as required
The Qualifications and Experience You Will Bring to our Team:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or similar
- Expert-level familiarity with Cocoa and/or Cocoa Touch
- Expert-level familiarity with either Objective-C or Swift, and basic proficiency in the other – our projects are mixed-target and you will need to write code in both languages
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to backend services
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Experience with performance and memory tuning with tools (e.g. Instruments)
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Solid understanding of concurrency principles and GCD