Avail Medsystems is a pioneering medical technology company that is reinventing how medical procedures are supported by industry and clinicians. We are committed to delivering HIPAA compliant real-time video conferencing solutions that improve the quality, and lower the cost, of procedural care delivery.
We are looking for a passionate SW Engineer to help us realize the mission of improving medical outcomes all while reducing cost for hospitals; these are critical problems to solve as we move forward in the transformation of health care.
Our Backend stack: Python/Flask on AWS, Java, PostgreSQL, Redis.
In our company, we value people who can assist across multiple disciplines and in this role you will help in building out our web portal. Having a basic understanding of front-end technologies is ideal.
The Work You'll do to Help Build Our Innovative Product:
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Experience and capability with relational and NoSQL databases (Postgres & DynamoDB preferred)
- Knowledge of caching tools and their usage (e.g. ElastiCache, Redis)
- Deploy and oversee infrastructure onto various AWS services including Lambda
- Oversee the work of 1-3 junior to mid level engineers as required
The Qualifications and Experience You Will Bring to our Team:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or similar
- Expert in Python and / or Java with knowledge of at least one web framework. Flask/CherryPy/Tornado or similar experience is a plus
- Familiarity with some ORM (Object Relational Mapper) library, for instance SQLAlchemy/PonyORM
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding of the threading limitations and multi-process architecture of Python and/or Java
- Understanding of security compliance and best practices with regards to REST APIs and web applications
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Familiarity with event-driven programming
- Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Proficient understanding of Git, Jenkins, Docker